How to: Infinity Scarf

I love to wear scarves – to me it’s a way to add a little something extra to my t-shirt and jeans. I really like the new infinity scarf trend, but I don’t want to go out and buy all new scarves! I like the ones I have. Can you relate? I’ve got a trick!

Here’s my grey and cream J. Crew Factory scarf, which is obviously not an infinity scarf. Here’s how you can turn any scarf into an infinity scarf.

All you have to do is tie the ends together. If your scarf has fringe at the end, tie the fringe.

Now you have one big loop.

Now you see knots at the back of the neck…

Now you don’t! The second loop around your neck will cover the knots. How easy it that?!?! This way you don’t have any little pieces to tuck in, and it won’t come undone when you bend down.

Any scarf in your closet can be made into an infinity scarf! As a side note, I’m so happy to support a fashion trend that is comfortable and gives a pair of shoes to a child. TOMS, I hope you never go out of style :)

1. Much to My Delight October 24, 2012

Such a simple, but brilliant solution! Plan on tying some ends together today!

2. Stephanie October 24, 2012

I can’t believe I’ve never thought of that, genius! Thank you!

3. Seriously GENIUS!!!! Wow. Totally impressed with your brain! ;)

4. Sisters October 25, 2012

I did this last night with an extra long scarf that I couldn’t figure out how to wear. It was great!! Thanks so much!

5. The Marcy Stop October 25, 2012

Super smart! Will definitely have to try this soon!
    xL

6. Angeline October 26, 2012

Hi there! I love your style tips. Do you mind letting me know where you got that necklace? The short one. Is it monogrammed? I can’t tell exactly. Thanks!!

7. Carly Lee (C. Style Blog) October 26, 2012

Angeline, The short necklace was from Red Envelope a long time ago, sorry. I found a similar one at Max and Chloe but it’s smaller, the link is in the Colored Jean Dilemma II in August. Hope this helps.