Keeping it Real in Rainy Day Flats

Sometimes it’s hard for me to know what is “post worthy”, but today a reader introduced herself (Thank you J., I love it when I get to meet new people) and she reminded me that sometimes we just want to see “real life” style.  Thank you for the reminder! I always need to remember this, especially after I’ve looked at Harper’s Bazaar or a really fancy style blog- ha!
So, here’s what I really wore today.  You may already know about these shoes, but just in case you don’t I wanted to share because I love them.  They are the rainy day flats from J. Crew.  They are the perfect shoe for when there is a light drizzle or just a few puddles and you don’t want to wear full on rain boots.  I’m sure we have all ruined a pair or two of shoes from the rain.  I used to wear these with my suits at work all the time. I was not going to ruin my nice work shoes one more time!

Outfit Links:

Sweater- Gap for similar, Shirt- J.Crew, Jeans- Joe’s Jeans (similar), Flats- J.Crew and Melissa for alternative, Sunglasses- Ray-Ban, Purse- Marc Jacobs, Earrings- Kate Spade, Watch- Michael Kors
Here’s a close up picture of the rainy day flats.  They’re made of all rubber with a little bow on top. In the spirit of keeping it real, I have been known to wear these flats even when there’s no rain in sight- just because I think their cute and comfy.
Keepin’ it real.

(Photos by Mallory Lee)

1. Jenni January 30, 2013

Super cute! Love this look!
    Jenni

2. Margo January 30, 2013

First, I adore gingham anywhere – I love your shirt. Second, I have a pair of Crocs flats and I was so embarrassed about it at first because CROCS, you know, but they are super-comfy, super-cute (leopard!), and cannot be ruined by dirt or wet.

3. Love these flats which are SO appropriate for Houston drizzle days. Melissa makes great rainy day flats too {comfortable and pretty inexpensive} in case you want to mix it up a bit. XO!

4. Carly Lee (C. Style Blog) January 30, 2013

LZ- Thank you so much! These are so cute! I am going to add them to the post as an alternative. Thanks again!

5. The Beebe Hive January 30, 2013

So glad I spotted the Live Version of C Style! First, I thought your bag might be the same, then I admired the shirt and sweater and the bun nailed it! I knew right then I was seeing C Style LIVE! I’m so glad I introduced myself because the live version is as cool as the wardrobe.

Jeannie

6. Franziska February 1, 2013

you may not think this is that blog worthy, but it’s EXACTLY what I want to see from blogs. Playing dress up is fun and all, but that’s not real life and not what I read blogs for. I love this outfit and want to recreate all of it.

7. Pink Flamingo Style February 1, 2013

I love the idea of real life style. Such a cute outfit!

8. Fran February 8, 2013

Hi, I just found you via pinterest and I love your style! I feel like such a weirdo/stalker because I’m pinning every image!! So happy I found you and I like how your pictures don’t seem too posed/styled and more natural. Your outfits are great because you can wear them every day and as a mom of two kids, this is a bonus!!

9. Sara February 19, 2013

Great blog! Great style! Thank you for all of the inspiration!

I am thinking of ordering the rainy day flats for myself — I am a half size, though — do you recommend ordering up or down?

Thanks!!

10. styleandcreations July 15, 2013

loving the street style. very nice

11. Spicy Veggies September 29, 2013

The button-down sweater combo is my favorite. Your style is so classic. I’m doing a spending fast until the end if the year and it’s tough to see things on other bloggers sites that I want (like the rainy day flats) and not go out any buy them.
    -Felicia