My New Uniform

I must admit, I have a new uniform. I am always trying to find an easy outfit to throw on that looks put together. This is it- jeans and a starched oxford. I was inspired while flipping through the J. Crew “Style Guide”. I was doing some research on a formula for layering (I haven’t figured that out yet), and I noticed that they put oxfords with everything! I have always loved a good oxford. At one time in my life I wore one everyday and so I have lots. Well, they are seeing a new life lately. I love that I have some that are light-weight (here) and some that are a heavier weight.

I like to tuck the shirt in and semi-pop (not a full pop but a partial pop- ha!) the collar when I’m going to be out and about.

Outfit Links:
Top Shirt- J.Crew for similar, Bottom Shirt- J.Crew for similar, Jeans- Citizens of Humanity, Shoes- Converse, Purse- Marc Jacobs, Sunglasses- Ray-Ban, Watch- Michael Kors

But, when I’m at home the shirt gets untucked! A reader shared with me that she was looking for inspiration for her bedroom, and I’m always looking for convenient places to take pictures- so here’s my favorite place in the world, my bed(room)! It’s still a work in progress. My sister is an interior designer so I’m constantly asking her for advice, which she happily gives!

I don’t have an office so I decided to make a desk next to my bed. If you’re looking for a great looking but inexpensive chair, my sister posted on this one (here).

1. Lauren February 26, 2013

Yay!! Love the bedroom shots-it looks beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing:-)

2. Steph H. Burlison February 26, 2013

Ok please share paint colors…love love!

3. Melissa Terryah February 26, 2013

Where is your bed from? I LOVE it!

4. Love this outfit! Chucks are on my list as well as more oxfords! Have several but I love how nice you look and easy it was to throw together!

5. Bethany Jordan February 26, 2013

Ditto what Melissa Terryah said. We MUST know more about this bed! :)

6. {Hi Sugarplum!} February 26, 2013

You look adorable…and the fact that you look amazing in those jeans doesn’t hurt the whole look! I’m a big fan of the popped collar…I guess it’s my inner molly ringwald. And now I need to go bleach my converse, bc they look nothing like yours!

7. Kyle Rattigan February 26, 2013

Cute uniform! What color is your bedroom painted?

8. Carly Lee (C. Style Blog) February 26, 2013

Thank you all for your comments! I’m so honored you all are asking! The paint color is Pratt and Lambert “Rubidoux” and my bed is from Garnett Hill!

9. tenth avenue south February 27, 2013

Love your bedroom! Mine is painted almost the exact same color! Ben Moore’s Soho Loft

10. Margo February 28, 2013

I love uniforms! Yours is great – I’ve been hunting around for a pale pink oxford recently and haven’t found what I want. Either TOO stuffy/matronly or too trendy with elbow sleeves and odd tucks or collars.
    I have a winter uniform and I’m afraid my sweater is getting shabby – good thing winter is fading.

11. Your picture in front of the bed needs to be in a magazine. Seriously.

12. kim April 3, 2013

Greetings! Beautiful bedroom! …your bed from Garnet Hill…is it the color “Antique Rust?” That’s the only color listed on the GH website but I just wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing another color that is sold out.

13. EM May 7, 2013

Love the legs on your nightstand/desk! From where was it purchased?

14. EM May 7, 2013

Love the legs on your nightstand/desk! From where was it purchased?