Last Thursday, I had the privilege of speaking to a really fun group of girls about the “ten things I’m loving right now”. They were such a lively bunch, which I wholeheartedly appreciated! They asked a lot of really great questions, which gave me so many post ideas. I always say that my conversations with you all are where I get my inspiration, and this night got my creative juices flowing! So thank you to the girls of last Thursday night- I had a blast!
This is what I wore (sorry it’s not the best picture, but you guys have seen most of these items on the blog before). And guess what I’m wearing under my comfy, cozy sweater (said in my sing songy voice)?
Below is a practice picture of my display for the evening. I enjoy sharing the 10 things I’m loving right now at events, because I get to explain why I purchased these items. I don’t usually tell you all my thought process behind my purchases, because I try very hard to keep things as short and simple as possible.
So without further ado, here are the 10 Things I’m Loving Right Now (straight from my closet).
1. Slide-ons– I am loving all the slide ons that are out right now. I have the high top version of these Steve Maddens, but I also love the low tops. They just make so much sense- you can wear them with jeans, shorts, skirts and “work out” wear!
2. Jean Jacket– I recently read something to the effect that denim jackets are synonymous with spring- like one couldn’t happen without the other. It made me laugh- ha! I am finding that my jean jacket is becoming awfully useful. It can be worn with practically anything, and adds an extra layer for warmth.
3. Nike Jacket– I posted this in a “favorite finds” not too long ago. Well, after seeing my sister in it and talking to a few of my friends who purchased it, I HAD to buy it! You’ll be seeing it in an upcoming post.;)
4. Floral Top– I have been noticing lots of big, bold floral prints. I absolutely love this pattern from Trina Turk, and lucky for you guys, it’s on super sale right now. I have this print in another shirt, and I’m tempted to buy this one, too. I love florals, because they add a punch of color to any outfit. And I especially love this print, because it can be worn year round! Here’s another great example.
5. Sunglasses– Frames that are oversized but more square in shape (not the big, circular, oversized, like the Jackie O look) are all over the place right now. I decided to follow the trend by going with the most classic of shapes, the Ray Ban ‘Wayfarer’ in an oversized version.
6. Eyeliner– I’m adding this purple eyeliner to my day makeup to up the anty for the evening. Even if it’s just mental for me, that’s worth it! Ha! Dead tired to hip and young with just my purple liner. Hahahaha! Obviously that doesn’t really happen.
8. Beauty Blender– Truth be told, my beauty guru sister-in-law has been telling me about the Beauty Blender for over a year now. I just didn’t see how it could be any faster or easier than my finger. Well, it is. Where I normally have to work hard trying to get my concealer to blend with my finger, I barely put in any effort with this the Beauty Blender. The point at the end helps me get coverage in the corner of my eye and in the crevice of my nose. Plus, I don’t have to wash my fingers after.
9. Espadrilles– I’m seeing espadrilles in all the stores and catalogs right now. Although these aren’t true espadrilles, they are a perfect spin on the traditional espadrille. Last summer, I wore a pair of slide ons all the time, so I know I’ll wear these a ton. Plus, my toe nails don’t have to be painted!
10. Light Jeans– I bought these jeans the night before I had this event. It’s been 5 days since I purchased them, and I’ve worn them 4 out of the 5. When I saw them, I knew I wanted them, because they were the perfect combination of the two jean trends happening right now. They are light in color and perfectly distressed.
Thanks again to the fun group of girls I met last Thursday! I had a blast!