Today I’m sharing the ten things I’m loving right now with a group of lovely ladies, and I also wanted to share with all of you! I feel like each one of these items deserves a post of it’s own! That’s what I love about these posts- I get to share everything I’ve been wanting to post, but haven’t had the time to, all in one post! Yay! So efficient!
Starting from the top left, going clockwise:
1. Army Jacket– Last year, about this time, I posted about my denim jacket. The year before that, about this time, I posted about my trench, and this year I want to post all about my new army jacket! Hmmm, that got me thinking, and then the reason dawned on me! It’s too hot during the day to wear a coat, so the lightweight jackets are a spring staple!
2. Sandals– I am in LOVE with these sandals. Yes, in love. They give me height, they make me feel dressy, they don’t have a high vamp, and they are EXTREMELY COMFY! I have an entire philosophy wrapped up in these shoes, but I’ll save that for my talk. The jist- I spend money on things I know I’ll wear all the time, but only if they are versatile.
3. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil– I know you’ve seen this lipstick five million times on the blog, but I have a new trick worth sharing! Recently, I’ve been really into the “make-up, no make-up” look. I wear concealer, mascara (but just on my top lashes), blush, and lipstick. That’s it. I can do the entire look in less than two minutes. What really makes this look work is that I use the lip pencil (dragon girl) on both my lips and cheeks! Yes, I put the lipstick on my cheeks and rub it in! That means all I need to complete my look is my concealer stick, my mascara, and my lip pencil! Done! Easy.
4. Mascara– Speaking of mascara, this is my very favorite drug store mascara! I have tried quite a few (when a beauty blogger or magazine recommends one), and this one always comes out the clear winner for me. Now, on special occasions, I put this mascara on.
5. Tee– I have a new favorite tee! I bought this blue striped tee and loved it so much that I went back and bought it in navy and white stripes, in grey, and the sleeveless version in black. I mean, when you find a good tee, you have to seize the moment, no? Ha!
6. Light blue skinny jeans– I have two new favorite pairs of skinny jeans for the spring/summer. I am a huge fan of J. Brand jeans, because they feel like I’m wearing leggings! I bought this light blue pair, and they did not disappoint- just like leggings. Then I was looking for a new pair of distressed jeans, but not too distressed, because I find them uncomfortable to wear. These are perfect and a great fit, too!
7. Flare jeans– I’ve found that flare jeans are a really great way to be dressy casual. I’ve been wearing them to church and out at night for a little change of pace from my skinny jeans.
8. Necklace– I have always loved Katie Amend jewelry (remember this one), so it’s no surprise that her Zapata necklace is one of the ten things I’m loving right now! Plus, the leather tassel matches my new shoes perfectly!
9.5. Dress– Gals, I posted this dress, but you may have missed it. I have this dress as one of my ten favorite things to reiterate how great the casual dress section is on the Nordstrom website. The dresses in this section remind me of the unique dresses you find at boutiques, but you don’t even have to leave your house!
10. Clutches– Gals, if you follow along, then you may have seen that I posted about these clutches before (here). But after receiving the black one from my mother-in-law for my birthday, it made me realize that Target is a really great place to find clutches. I can’t wait to wear the black one to a black tie event! I hope someone compliments me on the clutch so I can say, “It’s from TARGET!!!!”!