Video Tutorial: Everyday Messy Bun

I’m so excited to share my first ever C. Style video tutorial! I’ve been wanting to try video for a long time. I told myself if I ever did a video tutorial, I would start with my everyday bun! It’s a trick I use at least once a day. The best part about this bun is that it doesn’t kink my hair. I do my messy bun when I don’t want to “do” my hair or when I simply want to put it up for a bit. The video is goofy, but I’m goofy. I hope you guys like it!

Product links: Shampoo – Kerastase, Conditioner – Kerastase,  Bobby Pins – Scrunci, Clips – Goody

Outfit links:

Top- Madewell, Jeans- Articles of Society, Earrings- Madewell

You can see the original picture post here.

Video by my sweet friend, Claire! (clairezurek@mac.com)

1. Elizabeth May 15, 2017

Love it, Carly!! You are adorable. Thank you for the video – it’s so helpful. Love it!! 🙂

• Carly Lee May 15, 2017

I’m glad you liked it and found it helpful! Thank you for letting me know! I’ll do more of them!

2. Jen Chen May 15, 2017

Awesome! This helped me so much since I’ve never been able to get mine quite right. AND I’m going to show it to my daughter who makes me redo her hair over and over until there are no bumps. Bumps are natural! Thank you from a mom of tweens!

• Carly Lee May 15, 2017

Yay, I’m glad you liked it! Yes, bumps are cool because they have a more effortless look! Thanks for your comment!

3. Phyllis May 15, 2017

Darling you! I loved this new vlog post. It really helps to see the process.

• Carly Lee May 15, 2017

Thank you, Phyllis!

4. Renee May 15, 2017

Great tutorial! Never knew it’d be that easy! Thanks!!

• Carly Lee May 15, 2017

Yay! This makes me happy.

5. Sheaffer Sims May 15, 2017

You are so freaking cute. That’s all.

6. Gigi May 15, 2017

You are the cutest ever! Loved the video and love you more. So blessed to have such an adorable daughter-in-law!!!

7. Kyleen May 15, 2017

Thanks for the video! You made it look
    Easy. Can’t wait to try! Keep up the Vlog!

• Carly Lee May 16, 2017

I’m glad you liked!

8. Rose May 16, 2017

You are too adorable (not goofy)! Love the video! i’ve never tried a messy bun before and tried it yesterday. I had to be out the door for my son’s baseball game and had almost no time to ‘fix’ my hair. This was so simple! Thanks!

• Carly Lee May 16, 2017

I’m so glad you did it yesterday and found it simple to do! This makes me happy!

9. Ann May 16, 2017

Love this tutorial! Keep the hair tutorials coming! Don’t laugh if you run into me and I am sporting the “Carly Messy Bun”

• Carly Lee May 16, 2017

Ha! You know it will just make me excited to see!

10. Gwen May 17, 2017

You’re so cute in this vlog! You helped me realize why my messy bun to wavy hair doesn’t always work out, it’s the clips! Glad I learned this before pool and swimming season when I often twist up my damp hair. Thanx!

• Carly Lee May 17, 2017

I’m so glad! If I really want it to stay, sometimes I use two or three clips.

11. Fran May 17, 2017

Love it and i am doing this right when i get home!!! Thanks!!

• Carly Lee May 18, 2017

I’m glad you liked it. I’m wearing my messy bun right now!

12. Colleen May 17, 2017

This was so fun and you are a gem…you must do more videos!! I will have a Carly Messy Bun all weekend for my son’s lacrosse tournament. And you’re not weird goofy, you are fun and wonderful goofy. 🙂 Thanks Carly!

• Carly Lee May 18, 2017

Your comment made me laugh! You’re right, there’s definitely a difference between weird goofy and fun goofy! I’m glad I’m the latter! HA! I hope your son plays well!