I’m on vacation for the next week, and I’d been meaning to post about these items individually before I left! I’ve posted a few of these items before, but I didn’t get a chance to post about all of them. This time of year is just crazy! I felt every sentiment behind the “May is the new December” comments on Facebook. I asked my friend’s mom if it was like this for her when her kids were young, and she said, “Yes, it’s the finale season!” Bingo! There was an end of the year celebration for everything! Don’t get me wrong, I love celebrating my kids, but I just couldn’t keep up or get everything done. So, here are all the things that I was supposed to write about but didn’t get the chance to. And it’s perfect timing, since I’ll be away from the blog on vacation!
Clockwise from top left:
1. Boyfriend Jeans– I am officially hooked on the boyfriend jean look. They make all my outfits look “cooler.” I had to figure out how to wear them (“How To: Boyfriends Jeans”), but now that I have, I can’t stop wearing them. For a less expensive pair, these are getting great reviews.
2. SpaRitual “Body Spray”– You know how you don’t want to use your expensive perfume before or after you work out or when you’re sweaty in the car? You want to save it, right? This fragrance mist is the perfect solution! Consider it the updated Bath and Body Works body spray (Sun-ripened Raspberry or Country Apple anyone? Ha!). Well, this smells nothing like that. Instead, it smells amazing and has a cooling sensation when it is sprayed on the body!
3. Athleta Sports Bra and Tank– I have annoyingly large boobs. If you don’t know my boob story, you can read it here. All that to say, I have a very difficult time finding a supportive sports bra. If they’re supportive, then they make me feel like I’m wearing a straight jacket. Well, thanks to the helpful and well endowed (meaning she knows my pain) sales associate at Athleta, I’ve finally found one that is supportive and “normal”. This sports bra makes my boobs look small and perky, and I like the fun design on the back. Also, I love their workout tanks. They don’t show my cleavage, which is especially helpful for when you’re doing an exercise that requires a lot of movement (like downward dog, etc).
4. Wacoal Strapless Bra– This is the best Strapless bra EVER! You can read the full post here.
5. Dry Bar Blow Dryer and Shower Cap– I have frizzy, thick hair, and I finally decided to buy an expensive blow dryer about two years ago. I’m so glad I did! It really does dry my hair faster! But then I left it in a hotel room… I had them ship it back, but in the meantime, I tried out the Dry Bar Blow Dryer. Well, that thing is amazing. It actually makes my frizzy hair smooth and silky. It’s weird, I don’t know how it does it. Oh, and apparently everyone knows about this dryer- my bestie, the girl at Ulta, the reviewers at Nordstrom…
6. NARS Lip Stain (Yu, Luxembourg, Rikugien)- You all know I love NARS Lip Stains! Did you know you can sample every single lip stain at Sephora all by yourself?! They provide all the cleaning supplies you need to clean the sample before you try it on, and they leave you alone. Win, win.
7. Black belt– I know, a black belt in summer? Read why here.
8. OPI Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around– It’s hard for me to find a pretty light pink, purplish, white that doesn’t wash out my fair skin. While wearing this, I’ve been stopped and asked what color I’m wearing. Yes, it’s that good.
9. Lulu DK Necklace– My husband gave me this necklace for mother’s day after I tagged him in the video of this necklace on Instagram. When you spin the necklace it reads “LOVE”. They have a lot of different options.
10. Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen– This is a sunscreen that doesn’t have harmful chemicals, which is great, because it doesn’t sting my son’s sensitive skin. I just bought a huge pump of it. I love it. I’ve been putting it on my face every morning. It doesn’t smell like typical sunscreen, it smells like normal lotion. They make it especially for sensitive skin.
10.5. ALLSAINTS– Tote and Clutch– I wrote about suede being OK to wear in the summer (post here), but I didn’t realize that it’s on trend for the summer. I found these two bags and couldn’t buy just one of them. I loved them both. Plus, the tote looks like a Pedro Garcia knock off! You can see me wearing the clutch in this IG photo.
hahahaha!!! This was the only review on Amazon for the SpaRitual spray….
5.0 out of 5 starsFive Stars
By Fran on January 24, 2016
I use it as a room fresher.
Carly Lee says
Well, if it makes an entire room smell good…. HAHAHAHAHA!
just bought the bra. best bra ever! thanks for letting me know it existed! btw- love, love your blog!
Carly Lee says
Can I get personal and ask what size you got in the Athleta sports bra? In good bras I’m a 30-32G. I’m thinking I’d order a small. I have never found a sports bra that didn’t overwhelm me, so I’m excited about this one.
Carly Lee says
Hi Mary, I’m your same size, and I have a small in the sports bra. I hope this helps.
Love the necklace!
Sports Store says
Perfect picks, those ankle boyfriend jeans are perfect and I really love your outfit ideas.