I had so much fun presenting my ten favorite things as a fundraiser for my son’s school yesterday! I always love giving these talks, but this one was particularly fun because it was all of my friends! There were so many favorite things that I wanted to share with them, especially what I’m using to get holiday ready. I just couldn’t stop at 10, I HAD to add 5 more!
- Leather leggings– A pair of thick (not see through), suck you in leggings that are high waisted, and you can dress them up or down… Yes, please! My black cotton leggings are grey at this point from so much wear. I need to replace them, but just thinking about finding a replacement is daunting. But then, I had an epiphany! I can wear leather leggings casually! Hello! There are two main brands that make leather leggings, Spanx and Commando. You can’t go wrong with either. I purchased the Commando leggings because they are kinda pebbly, like real leather! Just imagine how comfortable I’m going to be on our road trip for Thanksgiving! Oh, and not to mention, they’re super chic for a travel outfit! My flannel and sneakers have a new best friend!
- Festive Holiday Top– Here’s the deal. By the time most Christmas parties roll around, I’m knee deep in other Christmas activities, so I usually haven’t had time to look for something cute to wear. Well, not anymore! My festive holiday top comes to the rescue. I, of course, love this one (similar here). But I love any sparkly, metallic, velvety, sequin top for this purpose. Just find one that excites you! If it has roses and glitter all over it, so be it. If you love it, you can rock it!
- Micellar water– My sister-in-law introduced me to micellar water as an eye makeup remover, and I’m hooked. I stopped using eye makeup remover because it would dry out my eyes or leave an oily mess behind. Plus, nothing really worked very well, and I would just rub my eyes raw. Not anymore! Micellar water on a cotton pad completely cleans my makeup off and leaves no residue behind. Plus, if it gets in my eye, it doesn’t matter because it’s only water!
- Base Layer – What is up with these crop top, side slit up to my belly button, itchy sweaters?! Can you tell I’m a little annoyed by it? Ha! Well, I will not be limited to only buying certain sweaters, oh no! A base layer to the rescue! My favorite base layers are turtlenecks, a chambray shirt, a white oxford, a long sleeve tee, and a silk camisole!
- Stila Glitter Eyeshadow (Grace and Bronzed Bell)- I’ve always been so intrigued by the super pigmented eyeshadow look. I look at it and think, “how do they do that?!” I thought I found the solution in a stick a few Christmases ago, but it wasn’t very easy to apply. I’ve finally found the look in the Stila Eyeshadow, and it is a cinch to put on! I bought the color “Grace” because my friend was in a wedding, and it was the winning color for every bridesmaid. I like to wear Grace during the day and swipe “Bronzed Bell” on when I want to look super festive!
- Tan Luxe for winter- I used Tan Luxe while I was in Mexico to look like I was getting sun when I really was completely covered in sunblock- ha! But then, when I came home, I liked that I had a little color on my face. I looked healthy. I’ve decided that I’m going to use it in the winter when I feel a little drab. It’s such a subtle look, no one will notice, but I’ll feel great! That’s my kind of beauty enhancement!
- Eyeliner– Ok, I’ve gone back to my favorite liquid eyeliner from my high school days. Y’all, this liquid eyeliner is so easy to use, it puts my pencil eyeliners to shame. I can’t get the line thin or straight enough with my pencil eyeliner, but with this one, I can do both in 10 seconds. Trust me. Plus, the line doesn’t bleed or move at all.
- Kandoo– I’ve been looking for body wipes to use after I workout and need to run an errand, or for in the middle of the day when my deodorant hasn’t quite done the trick. Well, I’ve found them! You can use them anywhere (yes, even there) because they’re hypoallergenic! They have a fresh scent to them, and they’re flushable, so that’s a bonus!
- Black block heels (bootie and mule)- I love the block heel trend, and I’m taking full advantage with my dressy looks this season. I don’t mind wearing a heel if I’m not worried about busting it!
- Sweater coat (all time favorite here, new plaid favorite here)- I bought a sweater coat last year, and I wore it a ton! Well, guess what I’ve already been wearing a ton of again? Yup, my sweater coat. They just make sense! They’re like a coat but not stiff, and you can wear a sweater under them without feeling claustrophobic. Plus, they’re super versatile! I wear mine with workout wear, dresses, jeans and leggings. See, everything!
- Glasses with blue light protection- I’m majorly into glasses with blue light protection after having major eye issues from looking at too much blue light. I now have prescription glasses because of it! It’s a real thing! They now have brands coming out with really cute non-prescription glasses to wear for blue light protection. If you look at a computer, iPad, phone, or kindle, you’ve got to check these out! My favorite brands are Felix Gray, The Book Club and BluVue.
- Furry High Tops– Furry high tops are having a huge moment in the fashion world, and I’m all in! They just make so much sense- a casual sneaker that keeps your ankle warm! I bought these UGG high tops, but there are so many cute ones out there. Check out all these Vans!
- Smart Wool Footies– I know I’ve already mentioned these on the blog, but I think they’re worth mentioning again! Smart wool footies keep your feet warm without the bulk! Plus, you can wear your booties and tennis shoes without your sock peeking out!
- Hair Wand– I’m including this on my favorite things list because I get “fancy” more often during the holidays, and it makes me really, really appreciate my hair wand. I can be wearing my hair up in a bun all day, but I’ll do a quick pass of the wand over the top layer of my hair and look super fancy in minutes! So easy! So effective!
- Sleep mask– I mentioned my sleep mask in Wednesday’s gift guide post, but I’ll mention it again because I love it. There is just something about it. When I put it on, my brain automatically knows it’s time to sleep and relaxes. It’s crazy! Plus, while the kids are home from school, they wake up super early, so I like to put on my mask to catch a couple more minutes of sleep.
My friend, Claire Z., took some really fun pictures, so I thought I’d share.
I’m not kidding- you put on this mask and your brain knows it’s time to go to sleep!
I had to show everyone how easy it is to apply this high pigment eyeshadow!
I’m clearly really in love with my wool footies! They keep your feet so much warmer than cotton footies!
I look so smart holding glasses -ha! Maybe I should just walk around holding glasses.
I love my pretty neighbors! They were the best hostesses!
I got a few questions about my outfit on Instastories and more questions about my mini fishnet stockings, so here are the links:
Top- Sezané (sold out) but a really great similar here, Mini Fishnet Stockings- DKNY (old, mine have a hole), so I will be buying these! Check out the reviews!, Boots- VINCE, Skirt- Old Madewell for similar here, Sweater Coat- VINCE on SALE!