I purposefully did not title this post Gift Guide for the “Traveler” or “Jet Setter” because I don’t consider myself either. I guess “traveler” and “jet setter” make me envision someone who has lots of time to jet set around the world with a poodle, so clearly, I’m not a traveler -ha! But, I do love to go on trips! And, I also know there are lots of people who go on lot s of trips for work and/or leisure. So this post is for anyone in your life who takes trips. I personally want it all, but be sure to read the reasons why!
1. Square Jewelry Box – True confession, I have a pink travel jewelry box my mother-in-law gave me years ago (10 or more) from Talbots. It’s falling apart, but I love, love, love the box-shaped jewelry box when traveling. I find I can keep a lot in it without it getting tangled, and its hard cover protects my hoop earrings from getting bent.
2. Luggage Tags – Our family has the standard black luggage set we bought at Costco, and every time our bags come down the conveyer belt, they get lost in the sea of other black luggage. Brightly colored luggage tags with our initials would be the perfect solution! I’d say, the brighter the better for us! Oh and the best part? The monogramming on these luggage tags is FREE!
3. Cuyana Cape – Use this cape as a blanket or pillow on the plane. Wear it over your leggings and tennis shoes on your travel day, and change into heels to wear it at night for dinner. Perfection!
4. Sleep Mask – I need all the help I can get to sleep when I’m away from home. I also need all the help I can get to not look puffy and jet lagged when I’m away from home, so I always travel with this sleep mask. I searched high and low for the perfect sleep mask that’s not too tight, too heavy or too big (I need to breathe!), and this one is the WINNER! Be gone, sliver of light coming through the curtains or under the bathroom door!
5. Anker Portable Charger – This is the portable charger of all portable chargers. Check out the reviews! It has tons of capacity, high speed charging and a quick recharge. I think I could charge my kindle, a kid’s iPad and my phone with one charge!
6. Large Travel Wallet – Another true confession, I just want this wallet. Not because I like to travel or go on trips, but because I keep an absurd amount of receipts. I also feel like I could use this as a clutch in a pinch, which is why it’s so perfect for traveling!
7 & 8. MZ Wallace tote or backpack – I love the MZ Wallace backpack I bought for our summer trip so much, I had to put it on this gift guide (I’m still carrying it around, btw). These bags are durable, soft on the shoulders, and nice enough to wear them beyond your travel day. The zippers are super sturdy, which is great because your stuff won’t spill out when you have to stow it on the plane.
9. Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Canceling Headphones – Did you know there are head phones that block out unwanted noise while allowing you to listen to your podcasts, music, audio books, etc? Well, I didn’t. But after watching the informational video, I’m in.
10. Travel steamer – I’ve decided that hanging my clothes in the shower with me to get the wrinkles out is no longer a good solution…
I hope you all like this gift guide! Stay tuned for more gift guides. So far, I’ve added a few more like gifts for the fitness gal here and gifts for the homebody here! I’m searching for really unique gift ideas this year. I hope you found a few things in this gift guide that you haven’t seen other places (this is my goal)! If you have any unique gift ideas, please comment below or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
The backpack! That will be Happy Hanukkah from me to me.;) I travel often and never check bags. My goal is to keep it as light as possible!
Carly Lee says
Lori, I’m so impressed! I wish I could say I travel light. 🤦🏼♀️ You’re going to love it!