Once again, I must give credit where credit is due. I owe all these wonderful gift ideas to my friends, Jennifer McCormick, Kayley Isgur, Amy Norris, Anne Sellis, and Libby Kafka. Thanks to these girls, I’m actually excited about the gifts I’m giving my boys this year! I hope you find this gift guide as helpful as I did!
1. Electric Cordless Leaf Blower – I’m starting off with the gift I’m most excited about! Are you scratching your head? Ha! My son loves to go over to my neighbors house to blow leaves in a pile with her son with their electric cordless leaf blower! Now, I ask you, wouldn’t you love to use a leaf blower if you didn’t have to inhale exhaust, put gas in it or get tangled up in a cord? Yup, me too. I know my boys are going to love this thing, and I am, too! My porch and pool chairs are going to look amazing from here on out! I think I’ll bring it up to our country place as a fun activity for all! Hahahaha! Oh, and this is the exact model my friend (Thanks, Amy!) has, so I know it’s a good one because she’s been happy with it!
2. “Nice” sweatpants – My friend Jennifer said she’s buying these sweatpants for her son because they “pass as ‘dressed’ for dinner out.” Ummmmm, can we just call her a genius?!?! I always make my boys put slacks on for nice dinners etc. because their everyday joggers have Nike and Under Armour logos splayed on them. I never thought to just buy nicer joggers! Thank you, Jennifer, for this awesome idea! She’s getting her teenager this pair, and I’m getting my 8 and 9 year old this pair.
3. A Cool Guy Hat – Jennifer says her 16-year-old is picky about hats but loves this one by Patagonia. I added that it’s a cool guy hat because I’m dorky, but also because when you’re 16, you want a hat that doesn’t look young or like your dad. If you ask me, this is perfect for a cool guy, don’t you think? HA!
4. Small Flat Wallet – Do y’all remember the magic wallets from J.Crew that we used to carry?! I could never figure out how to get my cash to stay in the middle with the elastic straps -ha! Anyway, this is such a great gift idea (Thanks, Jennifer!)! Perfect for school ID, gift cards and cash. J. Crew makes this one, but I have to say, I’m so impressed with my new wallet from Leatherology that I think this would be a great option if your guy carries a lot stuff. You can monogram both, which is cool!
5. Sleepover bag – Last year, I posted toiletry bags for the boys (which they use all the time), and Jennifer had a “legit sleepover bag” on her list (I know she’s my kind because she used the word legit). What a great idea! She’s buying her son this one from L.L.Bean. The video sold me on doing the same!
6. Sphero – If your son is uber smart and is into coding (like my friend Anne’s son), then this codable robot would be a great idea! I was going to buy it for my son, but I think he might need to know what coding is first -ha!
7. Giant Uno Game – You know how Ellen makes one little twist on something, and it makes a game so much more fun and hilarious? I think these giant uno cards will do just that! I think I’m going to bring them to our family Christmas get together to shake things up a bit. My friend Libby sent me a picture of her entire family playing it, and it looked like a super fun family game night!
8. Connect Four Shooting Game – If you have boys, you know anything that flies in the air and is remotely like shooting will be a hit, which is why this is another awesome idea from Kayley!
9. Disc Throwing Robot – In the same vain as the previous game, this robot shoots discs at its target, so I know it will be a hit -ha!
10. Skee Ball Game – My friend Kayley always gets my boys the best birthday gifts! She just gave my son this skee ball game, and we ALL couldn’t stop playing it. Btw, why are kids always so good at these kind of things and adults (ok, me) so terrible? I think this will be a great thing to play with as the days drag on during the Christmas break. (Yes, I said drag. You know those days can get a bit boring, amirite?)
If you’re still looking for a few gifts, here are a few of my other gift guides!
- Gift Guides for Little to Teen Girls (Made by Moms for Moms)
- Gift Guide for the Fitness Gal
- Gift Guide for the Homebody
- Gift Guide for People Who Take Trips
- My 10 Favorite Things (+5 Bonus)
Great suggestions! Thanks!
Carly Lee says
Thanks for your comment!
The LL bean bags are so great! I’ve gotten each of my boys one before they were even born with their name monogrammed on it and then used as my/their hospital bag when they were born and now they use to pack 🙂 I’ve started giving to friends too.
Carly Lee says