I love little girl/tween clothing and products. I mean, how could I not? And I love the fact that I don’t actually have to dress a tween…I hear it’s practically impossible. But I have to say, I love to see what the young girls are wearing (oh my, I sound so old). I like to see what’s changed since the days of Doc Martins, daisy dukes and Guess jeans. And I secretly want to buy my nieces and goddaughters the coolest presents (although, that usually ends up looking like an Elsa doll or makeup- ha!)
So, when Nordstrom asked me to do a sponsored post on gifting, I knew just what I wanted to spend my time shopping for -girl’s gifts!! I could look at this stuff ALL DAY!!! And Nordstrom has so many CUTE girl gifts, I had to break up the sponsored posts into two categories, Big Girl/Tween and Baby Girl!! Because if you don’t have a baby girl in your life, you probably have a tween or vice versa! So today, I’m sharing a gift guide for your big girl/tween, and next week I’m sharing a gift guide for the baby girl’s in your life!
I’m starting with the gift idea I’m most excited about…
1. Sleeping Bag– If you have a kid in your life, no matter who you are (aunt, grandma, god mother), this is a sure bet gift. I kinda want this sleeping bag for myself. How perfect is this for slumber parties?!? Heck, I could see my kids liking this sleeping bag so much that they pull it out when they watch tv. And my friend’s mom, who has bunk beds at her house, has her grandkids bring sleeping bags, so she doesn’t have to crawl up to the top and change the sheets every time… genius.
2. Plush Robe– need I say more? My boys love wearing their plush robes, and I love walking downstairs on a Saturday morning to see them wrapped up in their robes- so cute! Plus, they come in a number of different patterns, so you can pick which one looks like her style.
3. Heart Pillow– A pink, furry, heart shaped pillow… Duh. Hahaha!
4. Tie Dye Hoodie– I know the older girls don’t really like glitter, sparkles or anything that looks overtly baby, which is why this tie dye sweatshirt is so perfect!
5. Jewelry Case– I see this more as a jewelry box than a travel case. They can keep it on a shelf in their closet or on their bathroom counter, and I love that it zips for the girl who has sisters who like to “borrow” their jewelry or other items. She can zip it up and put it in a drawer. Not that I ever “borrowed” stuff from my sister…
6. Hello Beanie– I always think my kids won’t wear beanies, especially in Houston, but they actually do wear them! And this beanie is darling!
7. Velour Hoodie– Velvet is perfect for the older gal. It’s lush but not sparkly or glittery, and it’s super feminine. I could see this dressed up with a skirt and sneakers, and of course, with leggings and jeans.
8. Donut and Ice Cream Ornaments– Just in case you buy an ornament every year or you want to start that tradition (we write the name and year on the bottom of the ornament with a paint pen. It makes decorating the tree that much more fun), these are pretty cute.
9. Lounge Pillow– Now, every time I see my son reading on his bed, I’m going to wonder why they don’t make this pillow in a cool color for boy’s? Girls really have all the fun. Ha!
And just in case your tween doesn’t like it, because I hear this is common, you can return it at Nordstrom and buy something for yourself (jk. kinda).
Be sure to check out Nordstrom’s Cyber Monday page! It will be shoppable on Wednesday, but you can preview it now and plan your purchases ahead of time! It is full of deals on customer favorites! Plus, don’t forget to keep these gift guides in mind while you do your shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday!