I had the pleasure and honor of helping a client start over with an entirely new wardrobe last Friday. We first started off with a list of spring wardrobe staples (above) and shopped from there. Even if you aren’t starting over with a new wardrobe, I bet we can all get excited thinking and wondering what it might be like to start over completely from scratch. Or, at least be curious about what staples we could add to our current wardrobe to make it more functional and well rounded, instead of just buying stuff…at least to me- ha! So, y’all give a BIG thanks to my client, since she has allowed me to share what we found with you all. For sizing reference, my client is 5′ 6″.
Here’s our list of staples and the items we found:
- Dressier pair of black skinny jeans (work appropriate)- Frame Le High Skinny
- Dressier pair of dark blue skinny jeans (work appropriate)- Farrah High Waist Skinny Jean or Rag & Bone Nina High Waist Ankle Skinny Jean
- Casual pair of jeans- 7 For All Mankind High Waist Skinny Jean and Frame Le High Skinny Ankle Jean
- White pair of jeans- Madewell 9 Inch Skinny Jean
- Black and navy work pants- Rag & Bone Simone pant
- Black pencil skirt- J. Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Stretch Twill
- Little black dress- Didn’t find, but I love this one.
- Black, navy and white blazer- For a casual blazer look, we found the J. Crew Sophie Open-front Sweater Blazer (size way down) in black, grey and cream. For a dressier blazer, we found the J. Crew Going Out Blazer in Stretch Twill.
- Outerwear Layer- Trench coat, or my current favorite, sweater coats!
- Work/Going Out Tops (aka Easy Tops): J. Crew Drapey Band Collar Top, Long-sleeve ruffle neck top, Margo Crewneck Sweater. I also recommended RTR. And others, but I can’t remember them all… eeekk, sorry.
- Basic Tees- Rag & Bone Hudson tee (size down)
- Black camisole- St. John Collection Tie Stretch Silk Shell
- Casual tennis shoes- VINCE
- Black heels- Mark Fisher
- Booties (that can transition into spring)- I recommended this pair.
- Casual sandal- We didn’t find any because the stores aren’t stocking sandals yet.
- Dressy sandal- We didn’t find any because the stores aren’t stocking sandals yet.