Over the years, I’ve had quite a few requests to do a post on what to wear to Disney, and I’ve learned some things over the past couple years after visiting both Disney Land (when it was warm) and Disney World (during a cold snap). Here are my key takeaways about what to wear to Disney:
- Do prioritize being comfortable.
- Don’t wear fashion sneakers. (My feet were killing me in my Golden Goose!)
- Do wear comfy walking or running shoes.
- Do wear a fanny pack or belt bag.
- Don’t wear a fanny pack or belt bag if you visit Universal Studios. They make you check your bag for a majority of rides, so just try not to bring a bag.
- Do bring sunglasses or a hat for shade that you can put away in your fanny pack because a lot of people loose their hats and sunglasses on the rides.
- Do wear the most comfortable bottoms you own. For this trip, I wore leggings. On our last trip, when it was warm, I wore comfy denim shorts.
- Don’t wear a dress. Even if it’s cotton and super comfy, it makes getting off and on the rides and the swings more than a little awkward-hahaha! I learned this the hard way.
- Do layer if the weather is cool. Make sure your layer can be easily tied around your waist.
- Do add whatever you need to feel cute. For me, I added fun earrings to my outfits, and I showered and curled my hair at night so I could wake up ready for the parks.
Here are a couple of outfit ideas:
Outfit Links: Leggings- Commando, Sneakers- Nike similar, Cropped Sweater- ONE by Threads of PRVLG (rent it here), T-shirt under cropped sweater- ATM or Splendid, Belt bag- Clare V, Puffer Jacket- Patagonia