I know a lot of people are shopping online right now, and a lot of my friends and clients have told me they’re in need of jeans. So, I thought I’d share a few tricks I’ve learned over the last 8 years of helping clients find the right jeans for them AND how I go about buying denim online!
First off, there are a few winning cuts and styles for every brand. These are the cuts and styles that have worked consistently over a period of time AND on a variety of bodies.
Here are a few of the winning styles and cuts of denim by brand:
- Paige- the Transcend Verdugo and Hoxton
- MOTHER- the Hustler, the Weekend, and the Looker
- Hudson- the Nico
- Madewell- the Roadtripper
- AG- the Farrah, the Ex Boyfriend Relaxed Slim Fit, and the Legging
- DL1961- the Florence Instasculpt
- J.Crew- the Toothpick
- Joe’s- the Honey Curvy Bootcut, the Charlie, and the Icon
- Citizens of Humanity- the Emerson Boyfriend
- Rag and Bone- Dre Slim Fit, and the Nina High-Waist
You can also find the winning cuts and styles for yourself by using the reviews!
- Select the brand you typically feel fits you best, or that you like best.
- Sort by customer reviews.
- Scroll down until you see jeans that have a lot of reviews and over 4 stars….
- You’ll know if a jean style is fitting a lot of people well if there’s over 20 reviews and over 4 stars.
That’s how to find the winning cuts and styles yourself!
Here’s another way to find a great pair of jeans online:
- Grab a pair of your favorite jeans where you like the length, the rise, and the stretch.
- Look at the inseam, the material content, and the rise, and then look for jeans that have similar measurements.
- On the Nordstrom site, you can sort by inseam, rise, color, brand, and you can also sort by leg style and the trend you are wanting to follow.
- For instance, if you love the “mom jean” look but it’s often too long on you, look at what the inseam of your favorite pair of jeans are and then search by “mom jean” and then the inseam.
What I love about Nordstrom is that you can order a multitude of jeans to your house without leaving your home, and if you shop using this guide, you’re giving yourself a better chance of finding some really great jeans!
I recently purchased two pairs of jeans, and I’ve been wearing them nonstop. They are high-waisted, which is what is really on trend right now, so I feel like they’re giving new life to the existing items I have in my closet. It’s amazing what a new pair of on trend jeans can do! You’ll have to look at all the details (using the steps above) to see if you think they’ll work for you, but here are the two pairs I purchased:
This post is sponsored by Nordstrom. All thoughts and opinions are my own.